Another upgrade question

From: Michelle Murrain <mpm(at)norwottuck(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Another upgrade question
Date: 2001-04-27 19:30:19
Lists: pgsql-general

Again, I'm upgrading my Postgresql installation from a 6.5 Debian package, to
a 7.1 tarball on a Debian potato box.

Everything has gone fairly smoothly (I had to restore each db individually -
restoring a dump-all didn't work), except for one thing. My php scripts have
now broken. Luckily, we're doing most everything using perl-cgi, and all of
that is fine. But php isn't working. We've got the debian php4 packages
installed (including php4-pgsql)

The error I get is:
Warning: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: connectDB() -- connect()
failed: Connection refused
Is the postmaster running at 'localhost' and accepting connections on Unix
socket '5432'? This is the standard error if php can't find the postmaster.

Postgres is running, and I'm using the default socket. As I said, the Perl
stuff is working just dandy (I did have to upgrade to the new DBD::Pg - using
the new lib and include directories - but that was expected and minor)

Ideas?? Thanks!

Michelle
--
Michelle Murrain, Ph.D.