pg_encoding

From: Michelle Murrain <mpm(at)norwottuck(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_encoding
Date: 2001-04-27 15:42:26
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi folks,

I'm upgrading from Postgres 6.5 to 7.1. 6.5 was originally installed using
apt-get (this is on a debian potato box). I'm installing 7.1 from tarball,
because there are some particular things I want.

Anyway, I'm dumping my database, and I get the command: pg_encoding: command
not found.

The whole thing appears dumped, and the file looks OK. I've done dumps on
individual databases before, and gotten the same error, and I've been able to
restore those databases without too much trouble.

Is there something I'm missing and should watch out for - or should be
worried about?

Michelle
--
Michelle Murrain, Ph.D.