Which version?

From: Sasha Pachev <sasha(at)mysql(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Which version?
Date: 2001-01-26 21:51:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello, guys:

I am working on adding Postgre support to our multi-threaded benchmarking
tool, which currenlty only support MySQL, and was wondering which version of
pg you would recommend that I use for benchmarks, as well as any special
performance considerations for pg-sql I need to be aware of while doing tests.

The most obvious solution - the 7.0.3 source tarball from the downloads
section on the website did not work because of undefined F_OIDEQ in istrat.c,
and I greped and greped around the source trying to find some insights on it.
My understanding is that F_OIDEQ is a constant that tells the key reading
code how to read a key, or what kind of key it is. Unfortunately, it seems
like the file that defines the constant disappeared from the distribution, or
possibly did not get generated by configure if it was supposed to be
generated. For a while, I thought it could be some mysterious fcntl() option
I had never heard of, but looking at the code it appears otherwise :-)

Anyway, I would appreciate your feedback.

--
MySQL Development Team