Re: Postgres clustering?

From: "Keith Bottner" <kbottner(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-general(at)linuxinternet(dot)org>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgres clustering?
Date: 2004-02-26 21:22:02
Lists: pgsql-general

There currently is no solution as I have asked this question quite a few
times in the past. The best solution that exists for Postgres is
master/slave asynchronous replication which is not what you want.

I am very interested in a similar solution and believe that I could get some
resources from my company for implementing such a system. Are you interested
in helping to develop the functionality for Postgres?

Is anybody else in the Postgres world even interested in pursuing this
functionality set in more than lip service? Are there any currently active
Postgres projects out there trying to achieve this?

Is there any activity on the replication issues that appear on the TODO
Postgres list at http://developer.postgresql.org/todo.php? If so who is
working on them so I can contact them?

Feedback on these topics would be appreciated.

Keith