libpq and VB

From: "Stephen Martin Trans-Euro I(dot)T Ltd" <stephen(at)sealteam(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "pg-interfaces" <pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: libpq and VB
Date: 1999-07-23 00:14:22
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Hello
I am attempting to create a Visual Basic header file in VB6 for libpq.dll
I have extracted a list of exportable functions from the dll and started to create
a frame work like this..

Public Declare Function PQbackendPID Lib "libpq.dll" ()
Public Declare Function PQbinaryTuples Lib "libpq.dll" ()
Public Declare Function PQclear Lib "libpq.dll" ()

sofar so good,

but I am running into

Run time error 49
Bad DLL calling convention when I start to to try to flesh the declarations out with parameters

also some of the functions such as PQsetdbLogin
dont seem to be mentioned (or at least I cannot find it when I need to see it)
in the documentation.

Has anyone else undertaken a task like this?
Any guidance would be welcome ..

Regards Stephen

pgsql-interfaces by date