Re: Beta Schedule (was Re: Roadmap for FE/BE protocol redesign)

From: "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Justin Clift" <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Beta Schedule (was Re: Roadmap for FE/BE protocol redesign)
Date: 2003-03-11 02:43:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-interfaces

> I had been leaning to May 1 beta, but am happy to switch to June 1 if
> you feel that makes an improvement in the odds of completing the Windows
> port. (I think it will also improve the odds of finishing this protocol
> stuff I've taken on...) I don't want to see it pushed further than that
> without good concrete arguments for doing so.

There really is no rush...

I'm well-versed in PostgreSQL, and even I haven't upgraded some of our
production servers to even 7.3 yet (thanks to pg_dump dependency
nightmare)..

BTW, so no-one conflicts, I'm doing up pg_get_triggerdef(oid) at the moment.
Once that's done, I'll be able to submit a redone psql \d output that
includes the trigger definition.

Cheers,

Chris