Re: PgAdmin problem

From: "Agrawal, Manish" <MAgrawal(at)coba(dot)usf(dot)edu>
To: 'Frankie Lam' <frankie(at)ucr(dot)com(dot)hk>
Cc: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PgAdmin problem
Date: 2003-02-19 13:49:59
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Thanks very much Frank, I will try what you suggested.

1. Will this also be true for column names. So, if I have a column named
Last_Name, should I use SELECT "Last_Name" from "Members";

Do you then recommend that all tables and views be labeled in lowercase, so
that all queries will be consistent.

2. On another note, is there a tool like the MS Access front end that lets
you create constraints graphically by simply dragging and dropping columns
between tables and views by simply dragging columns from the respective
tables into the design window.

3. Also, updatable views would make Postgresql so much easier to use.

The reason I ask is that if that were the case, PostgreSQL would be
enormously popular beyond expectations. At the very least, introductory
database courses in business schools could so easily use PostgreSQL instead
of MS Access.

Thanks
Manish

Manish Agrawal
Asstt. Prof., Dept. of ISDS, Univ. of South Florida
4202 E. Fowler Ave., CIS 1040, Tampa, Fl 33620 - 7800
(813)-974-6716 (W) 974-6749 (FAX)
magrawal(at)coba(dot)usf(dot)edu
My default office suite is Openoffice, the simple-to-use, opensource Office
Suite for Windows, Linux and Macs. http://www.openoffice.org