Replace function ...

From: "Kornelije" <krabuzin(at)foi(dot)hr>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Replace function ...
Date: 2004-05-17 14:58:13
Lists: pgsql-sql
Hi,

I need to write a function which has to replace a character with two or three other characters ....

I have some data in the DB and when I retrieve this data, I have sorting problems because I use specific Croatian characters ....
I know that the DB is not setup properly, but I cannot change anything now because some data could be lost ....

So I need to change specific Croatian characters with some other standard characters in order to sort the data properly ....

so, if anybody knows something or has such function, please, let me know ....

thanks

R.K.

pgsql-sql by date