Re: "NOT NULL"

From: tövis <tovises(at)freemail(dot)hu>
To: "pgsql novice" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>,"Jan B(dot)" <jan(at)monso(dot)de>
Subject: Re: "NOT NULL"
Date: 2005-05-24 12:40:00
Lists: pgsql-novice
Excuse me! - I always ask these kind of questions about nice, reusable and
forgottable english abbreviation.
Rapid Application Development - for me it is Clarion which is based on
standard templates, it is support many kind of database types, has its own
drivers, and of course ODBC. SQL also supported but native drivers only
exists for commercial versions such as MS-SQL Prevasive, Informix...
That I working through ODBC driver, and suppose to use ready to work
templates for update/insert/delete and browse tables, but such a tool its
covering and completelly hide the ODBC/SQL surface. It is also object
oriented and I cannot give string value for an integer (especially if its
length only 4 byte instead of 7 characzter such as 'DEFAULT'). This is why I
use a CSTRING in database definition for Clarion and ODBC driver, and it is
working well for insert and fetch records, but I could npot figure out how
to give partial definition to SQL server. I need a server side solution, to
change default behavior - of course if this is possible.
Tövis