Re: Getting Metadata

From: "matt" <vagnoni(at)uiuc(dot)edu>
To: <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Getting Metadata
Date: 2002-04-19 00:36:47
Lists: pgsql-docs
I need to be able to do this-

array columns = QUERY metadata ON table_name RETURN column_names;

That is, I am not sure how to query the metatables.  I need to get all the
column names for a given table (I'll have the name of the table) and put
that into an array, so I can access it while I am exporting the data from a
table.

I need to couple the col_name with the data for each column, to get my XML
extention to the copy command to work.

thanks
matt