SQL query --- big question???

From: "Andrei Bintintan" <klodoma(at)ar-sd(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: SQL query --- big question???
Date: 2004-03-12 14:36:14
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi to all,

I have a big question.

Can I write a query/function/agregate function (whatever) so that I can return the result of a query in a single line? I don't know if this is possible to be made and please if it is not possible please say.

I better give an example:

table (id, name)
1 xxx
2 yyy
3 zzz

Now I want to have a query like:

Select id from table

and the result to be something like: 1,2,3
and not 1 2 3 in different lines.

I just want to concatenate the results in a single result so this query result will have 1 row and 1 column. This looks like an agregate function but I don't know how to make this.

I hope you will understand what I want to do.

Please advise.

Thnx.

Andy.