Requirement for PostgreSQL Database Developer

From: "Mark" <mark(at)provintl(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Requirement for PostgreSQL Database Developer
Date: 2006-11-07 13:10:48
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Hi ,

Location: San Diego, CA [You can also TeleCommute...& Vice Versa...]

Duration: 6+ months.

This is Mark with ProV International, This email is in regards to the requirement we have with one of our direct client in San Diego, CA.

PostgreSQL Database Developer

This position involves creating tables, views, functions and stored procedures to support front end OLTP and reporting applications. The ideal developer will have thorough knowledge of SQL (PL/pgSQL), experience with at least one other PostgreSQL language (e.g. PL/Perl), and extensive experience with complex stored procedures, code optimization, and index tuning in PostgreSQL.

Ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:

5+ years database development with PostgreSQL

Knowledge of at least one other language in addition to PL/pgSQL, such as PL/Perl or PL/Java.

Experience implementing PostgreSQL replication .

Some experience with either SQL Server 2000 or Oracle 9i/10g.

Significant background in creating complex stored procedures and SQL scripts

Understanding of database normalization concepts

Some experience in logical and physical database design and implementation

Prior experience working in a project oriented environment and meeting deadlines under tight time constraints

Strong analytical skills

Capable of working independently with minimal supervision.

If you find yourself comfortable with this job profile & find it interesting please send me your resume in MS Word Format.

thanks ,

Mark,
ProV International
Tampa, FL 33607