RE: [INTERFACES] Spanish format on date and numbers

From: "Oscar Serrano" <oserra(at)fondos(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [INTERFACES] Spanish format on date and numbers
Date: 1999-11-26 19:29:21
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

----- Original Message -----
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1(at)newn(dot)cam(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: Oscar Serrano <oserra(at)fondos(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Sent: Friday, November 26, 1999 8:00 PM

> Oscar Serrano wrote:
> >
> > I'm from Spain. I've exported some tables from MS Access to Postgres.
You
> > know, in Spain, a number like this: 1,234.56 me write it like this:
1.234,56

http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/)

> Cheers,

Hi again :-)
Reading some web sites, it seems that, yes, I must use the --enable-locale
at configuration time.
And it seems that I must first define and export the variables LANG, LC_ALL,
LC_CTYPE (and probably LC_COLLATE).
The LANG variable seems to must be: LANG="es_ES", for spanish configuration.
The LC_CTYPE must be something like this: LC_CTYPE="ISO8859-1". But, what is
the ISO for spain?

So, if I define this variables and use the --enable-locale, the psql will
return the numbers and dates in the spanish format?
I can't believe it.

Where are the files that defines how is the spanish format? You know, I'm
installing postgres in a ISP in USA, so very probably, the dedicated server
where I'm installing it, hasn't this files. I think I will need to modify
them, or to upload the spanish definition files.

Thank you very much.