FW: Postgres cpu & memory usage

From: "Machiel Richards" <machielr(at)rdc(dot)co(dot)za>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: FW: Postgres cpu & memory usage
Date: 2010-04-08 12:52:37
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi All

   I just wanted to follow up again from everyone to find out what is the
best way we can use to monitor the CPU and memory usage used by Postgresql.

   We have a meeting tomorrow to discuss the hardware requirements for our
consolidated database server and we need these stats quite urgently.

  As stated below the methods we are using are giving us inconsistent
results and I would really appreciate some help with this.

regards
Machiel