problem with pgAdmin

From: "Daniel" <daniel(at)ids(dot)org(dot)my>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: problem with pgAdmin
Date: 1999-03-20 00:23:13
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I need a management tool for win95 accessing postgresql 6.3.x running on a
Linux box via ODBC. pgAccess currently doesn't work with ODBC so I
downloaded pgAdmin. As required, I've also downloaded and installed the MS
MDAC 2.0 (in custom installation, I didn't choose any of the database
drivers their because I don't need them, except for the Jet engine
component). Then I installed pgAdmin and it looked fine until when I tried
to connect to the pgsql database. VSERR.LOG says:

Error Details
*************
Error No: 3447
Error Description: The Jet VBA file (VBAJET.dll for 16-bit versions, or
VBAJET32.dll for 32-bit versions) failed to initialize when called. Try
reinstalling the application that returned the error.
Error Source: DAO.DbEngine
DLL Error Code: 0

I have reinstalled both MDAC and pgAdmin a few times and it's still the
same. I've checked the file VBAJET32.dll and it is there. Postmaster -i is
running, and PostODBC has already been installed and Powerbuilder 5.0 has no
problem connecting to postgresql.

What seems to be the problem? Please help.

Daniel