Borland makefile for libpq...

From: "Lester Godwin" <godwin(at)pushcorp(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Borland makefile for libpq...
Date: 2002-12-05 22:05:24
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
I am new to contributing to open-source project, but I have an interest in
using PostgreSQL for my business on a Linux file server.  My client
software, however, will be running on Windows NT workstations developed
using Borland C++ Builder.  I was quite disappointed that there was no way
to compile the libpq library using Borland tools, so I "scratched the itch"
and created / modified the attached files to compile the PostgreSQL 7.3
libpq static and dynamic libraries.  I had done the same with version 7.2.3,
however, many more modifications were required to keep the compiler happy
than with 7.3.

Anyhow, I believe that some people out there may find it useful to be able
to compile the libary using the freely downloadable Borland command-line
compiler or C++ Builder.  As I mentioned the new make and .def files are
attached.  And the win32.h has just has a portion of it #ifdef'd out if the
Borland compiler is used.

Please educate me what the proper format/method should be to submit these
files -- or if there is any interest in
using them at all.  In any case I am certainly looking forward to using
PostgreSQL with C++ Builder!

Thanks,
Lester Godwin
PushCorp, Inc.
Tel 972.840.0208 Ext 412
Fax 972.840.1046
godwin(at)pushcorp(dot)com
www.pushcorp.com

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Reggie BurnettDate: 2002-12-06 05:06:16