Re: ipc-daemon2 failure

From: "Roger Ackroyd" <postgresql(at)ackroyd(dot)freeserve(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ipc-daemon2 failure
Date: 2003-07-24 10:43:04
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
Marvin

Note the earlier post by Jason re: using cygwin 2.

With reference to cygwin1 -
Check the version on your cygwin1.dll in .../cygwin/bin. I had similar problems and found I was running something like 1.3.10. Upgrading to cygwin1.dll version 1.5.1. from http://cygwin.com/snapshots cleared the problems. Unzip it with bunzip2.

(Jason: I thought I had posted my solution last week as you requested. Probably never received due to my ineptitude at posting to lists. The above is essentially what I did in order to solve the issue on this XP Home machine.  On the readme, under requirements, it recommends cygwin 1.3.16-1. At footnote [16] ref step 10, it states 'For cygwin 1.3.22-1 and below, a bug prevents this from working...'. Is this problem something related to this without perhaps being the direct cause?)

Roger