i was able to connect my client machine with my linux server. Actually
It was norton anti virus problem. Both of my client machines had installed
recent norton antivirus and that anti virus was causing this problem. Once i
uninstalled those antivirus from my client machines..they got connected to
----- Original Message -----
From: Tahira Aslam
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 3:30 PM
Subject: [ODBC] Could not connect to remote socket
I have my postgresql DB on linux machine. and i have 2 windows clients for this DB.Things were working fine until this morning when client machines started giving error
Could not connect to server
Could not connect to remote socket
I have taken care of each thing like
1) Starting postmaster with -i option
2) pgaccess is running successfully
3) windows client machines can ping server.
4) windows client machines can access server's shared folders through samba services
5) pg_hba.conf file has 2 entries for my clients
6) i have uncommeted tcpip_socket=false in /var/lib/pgsql/data/postgresql.conf file and set it to true.
what else should i do to connect my windows clients machines with my linux server ??
In response to
pgsql-odbc by date
|Next:||From: Hiroshi Inoue||Date: 2002-09-17 09:43:40|
|Subject: Re: Problem returning a cursor through ODBC to ASP layer from postgres|
|Previous:||From: Marc Birkett||Date: 2002-09-17 06:51:56|