Re: Tyan Thunder MB for postgres server

From: "Iain" <iain(at)mst(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "William Yu" <wyu(at)talisys(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Tyan Thunder MB for postgres server
Date: 2004-12-15 05:41:02
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi William,

> They don't list any Tyan's as "certified" so I dunno. Perhaps you should
> look into a Tyan w/o integrated SCSI and just get the MegaRAID 320-1 or
> 320-2 to avoid any possible issues.

Upon further investigation, I think this the way to go, specificaly I'llbe
recommending the 320-2 as I plan to put the WAL and DB on seperate channels
and partitions (as opposed to to putting them on the same logical partition
split over the two channels).

> Hardware RAID + battery lets you turn write caching on. For a DB with
> lots of updates, it can make a big difference.

And we need all the help we can get, right? ;-)

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction there.

regards
Iain