reindex in v8.2

From: "Bill Willits" <bwillits(at)cox(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: reindex in v8.2
Date: 2007-06-19 17:43:07
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello:

We are in the process of upgrading posgres from v7.3.9 to v8.2.4 In our current environment (v7.3), we run a reindex operation on all tables to recover space and improve performance (we have several tables with high insert/update load - no deletes). Is it likely that the reindex will still be beneficial after the upgrade? Or has the pg code changed such that this operation is obsolete?

Thanks in advance.
Bill Willits