Re: installing postgres7.3

From: "Iain" <iain(at)mst(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "Gaurav Arora" <gaurav_arora22(at)yahoo(dot)com>, "postgres questions" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: installing postgres7.3
Date: 2005-01-21 02:59:36
Lists: pgsql-admin

I'm also using RHEL3 and I couldn't see any value in using the postgres
package that comes with the distribution. I prefer the source tar.gz
archives as it seems easier to stay uptodate. Using them isn't difficult so
if you have problems withyour rpm maybe you should give them a try and go
with 7.4.6.

regards
Iain