Re: cannot find pg_hba.conf file

From: "Ramon Discua" <rdiscua(at)rdscorporacion(dot)com>
To: "'Richard Broersma'" <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: cannot find pg_hba.conf file
Date: 2009-09-29 20:35:41
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Again Thanks for the tip!

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-odbc-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
[mailto:pgsql-odbc-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org] On Behalf Of Richard Broersma
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 2:32 PM
To: Ramon Discua
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [ODBC] cannot find pg_hba.conf file

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 1:16 PM, Ramon Discua
<rdiscua(at)rdscorporacion(dot)com> wrote:

> However this means that every time I add a user, that uses
> my application from a different workstation I have to add the entry to the
> pg_hba file on the server side? Is there a way to avoid this?

Actually you don't need to put an entry for each users ip. The
pg_hba.conf allows you to accept a range of IP address that your users
client computers are assigned.

The quickest way to properly configure your pg_hba.conf file would be
to spend about ten minutes reading the online documentation:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/auth-pg-hba-conf.html

Also notice the examples under Example 19-1. Example pg_hba.conf entries.

Reply back with any problems that you encounter after trying some of
the examples. A focused question is much more easy answer than
general one.

--
Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.