Re: can't handle large number of INSERT/UPDATEs

From: "Iain" <iain(at)mst(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "Curtis Zinzilieta" <curtisz(at)norchemlab(dot)com>, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Anjan Dave" <adave(at)vantage(dot)com>, "Matt Clark" <matt(at)ymogen(dot)net>, "Rod Taylor" <pg(at)rbt(dot)ca>, "Postgresql Performance" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: can't handle large number of INSERT/UPDATEs
Date: 2004-10-27 05:02:48
Lists: pgsql-performance

Turbo linux 7 sems to be agreeing with Curtis,

bi: ブロックデバイスに送られたブロック (blocks/s)。
bo: ブロックデバイスから受け取ったブロック (blocks/s)。

Sorry it's in Japanese but bi says "blocks sent to block device" and bo is
"blocks received from block device".

I don't know that much about it but the actual output seems to suggest that
the man page is wrong. I find it just the slightest bit amusing that such
errors in the docs should be translated faithfully when translating
invariably introduces errors of it's own ;)

Regards
Iain