retreive record set

From: "Michael GUIARD" <michael(at)nestor-tech(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: retreive record set
Date: 2005-08-01 07:38:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Hi !

I'd like to get my request results in a record set as a C structure using libpq.
Is it possible or do I have to use ECPG only ?

How PGresult pointer stores the results ?
Actually I can convert all my result fields from PGresult to my C structure but I think also it is a little bit stupid if PGresult does its own conversion before ... no ?

thanks
Mike