Character Corruption / Encoding Question

From: "Bill Willits" <bwillits(at)cox(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Character Corruption / Encoding Question
Date: 2007-11-30 20:07:40
Lists: pgsql-admin
We have just upgraded our phppgadmin client from v3.5 to v.4.1.3.  Now, when we view special characters in phppgadmin they are displayed incorrectly.  If we update the character field (to a special character), it will not store properly.  Our database encoding is SQL_ASCII.  The same operations work fine in v.3.5 of phppgadmin and with pgadmin III.

Obviously, this is a phppgadmin issue (and I have posted a question to them), but I am just curious what could have changed to cause it, and what if any workaround there would be outside of reverting to old version of phppgadmin or getting a patch.

Thanks
Bill Willits

pgsql-admin by date