Call a function when a User (dis)connects from the Server/Database

From: "Johannes Barop" <johbar(at)gmx(dot)de>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Call a function when a User (dis)connects from the Server/Database
Date: 2004-01-27 20:42:07
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,
I search a way to realize following:
When a user connects to a databse, a function of my should be executed. The
best would be a system table where the active Databaser Users are in, and
creating a Trigger on it. But there is not such a table.

Sometold me to modifying the source, but i feel a bit lost in such a big
source. Please help me :)

The best would be a modification which stores active Users in table. I think
this would be a nice feature for following PostgreSQL Versions, or?

Sorry, for my bad english :/

Johannes 'robotron' Barop