PID file

From: Ing(dot) Jorge S Alanís Garza <jorge(dot)alanis(at)blocknetworks(dot)com(dot)mx>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PID file
Date: 2008-09-29 17:43:54
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hello,

We are operating Postgresql 8.2 on an ISCSI environment. Sometimes there are
issues with the ISCSI so Postgresql refuses to shutdown properly, or start,
because of the pid file. My question is, what is the correct thing to do
with this pid file? On some test-environments I have deleted the pid and
then when starting up, I see postgres complain about the database not
shutting down cleanly. Is there a way to recover the non-working postgres
instance? Is this a very corruption-prone environment?

Thanks,

Jorge Santiago Alanís Garza
Innovación y Desarrollo
 <mailto:jorge(dot)alanis(at)blocknetworks(dot)com(dot)mx>
jorge(dot)alanis(at)blocknetworks(dot)com(dot)mx

Tel: (81) 4444.4044
Cel: (811) 243-6570

 <http://www.blocknetworks.com.mx/> www.blocknetworks.com.mx
Av. Lázaro Cárdenas 4000, L-17