URGENT PROBLEM

From: "Bruce Irvine" <b(dot)irvine(at)sportingpulse(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: URGENT PROBLEM
Date: 2001-06-05 23:47:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hi All,

This is my first post, so I hope I'm in the right area and doing it correctly.

We are having MAJOR & URGENT problems with Postresql occaisonly corrupting tables on insert.  I had a quick look through your archive and couldn't find anything. It seems to happen mostly on large inserts (lots of data into one text field). This results in corrupting the table and hanging the psql console whenever I try to INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, SELECT, etc. Doing an "EXPLAIN SELECT * FROM table" shows that I have around 100 - 1000 extra rows. The problem is often fixed by running VACUUM against the table, however VACUUM often hangs leaving the table locked until I delete the lock file.

Its only a basic INSERT statement into a basic table.

Thanks in advance.

Bruce Irvine.
SportingPulse.

Next:From: Chris DunlopDate: 2001-06-05 23:55:30