Re: kylix3 connection problem

From: <alvis(at)piladzi-2(dot)biz>
To: <pgsql-chat(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <mrdaniel(at)singnet(dot)com(dot)sg>
Subject: Re: kylix3 connection problem
Date: 2003-08-22 11:20:10
Lists: pgsql-chat
Hello,

>I am stalling over this kylix3 connection problem with postgresql 7.2 in
Redhat7.3
Can you gimme exact error message?
> 4] in kylix3 dbexpress SQLConnection properties :-
>hostname localhost
>username daniel
>password daniel
I don't know much about dbexpress, but I am not sure you have created
database
(you have to mention name of the database somewhere) with username&password
daniel

I am using Kylix2 (and Delphi6) and zeoslib components
(http://www.zeoslib.net)
with PostgreSQL 7.3.4 and have no problems at all.
Consider to switch to open source components and you will always have
someone to ask your questions.
..or at least you will be able to look at the source and, hopefully, will
find solution yourself.

I recommend you to get latest stable source from Postgresql.org & latest
stable zeosdbo version (currently 6.01.2).

Please cc or bcc me if you want to contact me.

Good Luck & Regards,
Alvis

pgsql-chat by date

Next:From: danielDate: 2003-08-23 03:13:56
Previous:From: danielDate: 2003-08-22 05:18:33
Subject: kylix3 connection problem