Re: Character invalid saving memo with UpdateSQL

From: "Cristian Custodio" <cristian_custodio(at)terra(dot)com(dot)br>
To: "Richard Combs" <rncombs(at)covad(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Character invalid saving memo with UpdateSQL
Date: 2003-11-28 12:50:31
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Sorry, I forget to say that the problem occur just in Upate, not in Insert.
And not in first time. You sometimes need update two or tree times
until see the error.

I have more detail about it.

The problem occur because the componet UpdateSQL
apply the update using params. Param[x].AsMemo (That is the problem)

I change the componente Update SQL to use AsString and it is Worked now.

I did the following modification in Unit: DBTables.pas, and Method: SetParams(UpdateKind: TUpdateKind);

if Old then Param.AssignFieldValue(Field, Field.OldValue) else
begin
Value := Field.NewValue;
if VarIsEmpty(Value) then Value := Field.OldValue;
if Field.DataType = ftMemo then begin
Param.AsString := Value;
end else begin
Param.AssignFieldValue(Field, Value);
end;
end;

I can send you my project in file attachment?

Cristian