Email on Commit

From: denis(at)coralindia(dot)com
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Email on Commit
Date: 2002-01-25 12:31:30
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi

I have a TABLE (say "test"). I want to write a trigger which shall generate
and send an Email.

Trigger fires for ROW or STATEMENT level. I want to send mail for bunch of
records and not for every insert.

Is there any way to FIRE TRIGGER FOR EVERY COMMIT and not for any DML ???

e.g.
BEGIN;
INSERT INTO test VALUES (1,'Denis');
INSERT INTO test VALUES (2,'Denis');
INSERT INTO test VALUES (3,'Denis');
COMMIT;

I want to send an email with following text (as body)
"User xxx has inserted 3 records as details below :
        1,Denis
        2,Denis
        3,Denis"

AS SINGLE EMAIL.