Porting Postgresql to Windows - problems

From: "Pankaj" <pankaj(at)rttsindia(dot)com>
To: "pgsql" <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Porting Postgresql to Windows - problems
Date: 2007-04-09 08:13:11
Lists: pgsql-ports

Hello,

I am using Windows 2000 Professional and I am trying to install Postgresql 8.2.3. I have created a restricted user under Windows called Postgres8.2.3. When I try to use the Postgresql Installation Wizard, at the Service Configuration step, when I have to enter info like Account name, domain, password as follows:

Account Name: postgres
Account domain: Users
Password:
Verify Password:

It gives a warning saying that the directory Users/postgres not found, and prompts me to create a new directory by the name postgres.

In the next step (Initialize database cluster), I enter the same user name and the same password.

I have tried installing Postgresql on WIndows several times but have failed.

Kindly let me know:

1. What user name and password should I enter for both these steps?
2. What are the privileges of the user entered? (I tried creating username with administrator privileges, but it refused to install saying that "Access is denied to run initdb"

Please help me in this regard.

Thanks.

Pankaj.