Re: ODBC Windows driver corrupts data?

From: Tibor Laszlo <ltibor(at)mail(dot)tiszanet(dot)hu>
To: <mykarz(at)miyabara(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ODBC Windows driver corrupts data?
Date: 2000-11-21 09:55:46
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> I am having a rather strange, highly annoying problem. Any help would be
> appreciated.
>
> I am running PostgreSQL 7.0.2 on Linux 2.2.17, and I have the ODBC (windows)
> driver running on WinNT 4.0 spk6.
>
> The problem itself seems to be that if I try and do anything with a "text"
> field from the Windows machine, it deletes ALL the data from that field, in
> the entire table.
>
> The only change I did to the ODBC setup was turned the default "Read Only"
> off.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this?

Sorry for the late post. What kind of software makes your UPDATEs? Or do
them you? And can you get the ODBC log to view what UPDATE sent to the
backend caused this? (You can turn on the driver log vith the CommLog check box
on the Advanced Options (Driver) dialog. I think its better than the Win ODBC
DriverManager's tracing.) We make C++Builder apps with ODBCExpress and we always
watch the log files... I think your UPDEATE's WHERE clause was wrong. But
let's see the log...

Regards, Tibor

--
Tibor Laszlo