Re: Small fix for inv_getsize

From: Denis Perchine <dyp(at)perchine(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Small fix for inv_getsize
Date: 2000-11-02 17:59:04
Lists: pgsql-patches
> > OK. I see... I just wondering whether it is possible to use index to get
> > the maximum...
> I think you are right, it's possible to do it that way.  The original
> code was broken because it didn't check tuple visibility, so I just
> copied-and-pasted some other code without thinking very hard.  Feel
> free to improve it.

Sorry, but I did not find any significant difference between my code and code
you wrote. Except VARATT_IS_EXTENDED check (is it neccessary, can I store
data and be sure that it is not toasted? I do not like this for BLOBs).

All other seems the same... Please give me an example of this check...

Sincerely Yours,
Denis Perchine

E-Mail: dyp(at)perchine(dot)com
FidoNet: 2:5000/120.5