setCatalog

From: "Patrik Lundgren" <patrik(at)mensa(dot)se>
To: "'postgres'" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: setCatalog
Date: 2003-04-14 11:14:45
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I would like to know if there are any plans to implement the setCatalog
function?

I'm developing a swing based db admin tool that I think people will
like. As my application works now the user has to manually create a new
db item for each catalog. Get's a bit irritating after a while.

Perhaps this is not a very important function for most people. If I find
a solution can I get it included in the driver?

Another question I have asked about earlier is about
DatabaseMetaData.getExportedKey(). I got the answer that it only works
if one of the columns in a constraint is a primary key. My problem is
that I get an empty resultSet when asking for keys I know exist. Someone
else beside me who thinks this is wrong, even though the jdbc spec might
say otherwise?

Regards,
Patrik Lundgren