problem with connection logging

From: "Donald Fraser" <postgres(at)kiwi-fraser(dot)net>
To: "[ADMIN]" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: problem with connection logging
Date: 2005-03-25 14:30:15
Lists: pgsql-admin
I'm running PostgreSQL 7.4.7 and have the following problem.
I have "log connections" enabled in the configuration file so that I can keep track of who's been logging on.
The problem is that I also have pg_autovacuum running which logs on an off constantly and fills up the log with its own database connections. I'm not interested in pg_autovacuum's connections - they just clog up my log files.

Is there a way of filtering out say Unix socket or localhost connections whilst logging all other connections?

My guess is no, does anyone else suffer from this problem and if so have you found a solution for dealing with it?

thanks
Donald Fraser

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Lee WuDate: 2005-03-25 17:00:01