Re: query returning no lines

From: "Guido Notari" <gnotari(at)linkgroup(dot)it>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: query returning no lines
Date: 2001-10-16 16:03:27
Lists: pgadmin-support
> I have a rather nasty problem with pgAdmin, verified today when I
> installed version .59
> On reinstalling version .34, I verified having the same problem --
> didn't notice it before...
>
> The problem is, on executing an 'arbitrary SQL query', a rather
complex
> one, I continue to obtain a dialog box stating 'Query Executed OK!',
> with no lines returned.

I'll answer to myself, as I found the problem:

The query being processed and returning no lines, began with a
   select
i.e. a line with leading spaces before the keyword "select"

Removing the spaces, the query got processed as expected, returning n
lines..

    Ciao
        Guido

pgadmin-support by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2001-10-16 19:08:26
Previous:From: Guido NotariDate: 2001-10-16 14:23:14
Subject: query returning no lines