installation on Mandrake Linux

From: "Terry Hughes" <terryhughes(at)kirkcudbright(dot)freeserve(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: installation on Mandrake Linux
Date: 2001-02-27 21:24:47
Lists: pgsql-ports

Hello

I have succesfully set up postgresql on my Mandrake Linux system from the RPM disk.

However I had some problems due to the fact that Mandrake has set it up in different directories to the documentation. All is now well except that I cannot get the 'c' pre-compiler ecpg to work. It produces a 'c' file which will not compile. It fails on undefined reference to ECPGdo.

I am compiling with gcc -I/usr/include/pgsql hello.c

Version of postgresql is 6.5.2-2 mdk
Op sys is Mandrake Linux
Hardware is a pentium 333

I attach copies of hello.pgc the input to ecpg and
hello.c the output from ecpg.

Maybe you are not the right person to contact but maybe you can re-direct if nesscessary.

Thanks Terry

PS I am a relative newcomer to Linux and 'c' but I have 20+ yrs of general IT . Recently Windows 95 and Pascal. using Delphi.

Attachment Content-Type Size
Hello.c application/octet-stream 654 bytes
Hello.pgc application/octet-stream 303 bytes