6.5.3. installation problems

From: "Bogdan BALAJ" <axis(at)interplus(dot)ro>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: 6.5.3. installation problems
Date: 2000-01-04 15:03:45
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

I'm having some problms when installing PostgreSQL 6.5.3. After configure/make/make install, when I'm looking in installed directory, there isno data subdir.
Erros reprted:

on terminal says:
psql: error in loading shared libraries: libpq.so.2.0: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory
createdb: database creation failed on postgres.

pgserver.log says:
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster does not find the database system. Expected to
find it in the PGDATA directory "/usr/local/pgsql/data", but unable to open file
with pathname "/usr/local/pgsql/data/base/template1/pg_class".

I'm running slakware 7.0 with kernel 2.2.13.

probably I'm doing something wrong on install. User/group permisions seems to be correct, also variables like PGDTA, PGLIB ... seems to have right value.

Thanks,
Bogdan