Re: Proposals for PITR

From: "Simon Riggs" <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: "'Oli Sennhauser'" <oli(dot)sennhauser(at)bluewin(dot)ch>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers-pitr(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Proposals for PITR
Date: 2004-02-16 23:07:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers-pitr

>Oli Sennhauser [mailto:oli(dot)sennhauser(at)bluewin(dot)ch]
> Hi Simon
>
> I do not know if it is already the time to think on standby databases
> with "managed recovery" while people have reading access on the
database.
> It would give a nice HA-Feature.
> Please do not forget to have mirrored log files (for security also)
for
> this feature, localy and also remote.
>
> I dont know if it is easier to plan this features in advance or
later...

> Regards Oli

> Oli Sennhauser
> Database-Engineer (Oracle & PostgreSQL)
> Rebenweg 6
> CH - 8610 Uster / Switzerland
> (personal contact details removed by SR)
> Website http://mypage.bluewin.ch/shinguz/PostgreSQL/

Oli,

Thanks very much for your suggestion.

I would like to see you suggestion implemented eventually, so will think
about this aspect as well. My thoughts are that there is an intermediate
step, which is that of a "standby database".

I'll update the Proposal into a Design document with this in mind.

Best regards

Simon