Re: captcha

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Gavin M(dot) Roy" <gmr(at)ehpg(dot)net>,<pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: captcha
Date: 2006-08-10 09:18:58
Lists: pgsql-www

-----Original Message-----
From: "Gavin M. Roy" <gmr(at)ehpg(dot)net>
To: "pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Sent: 10/08/06 03:57
Subject: Re: [pgsql-www] captcha

> I find it hard to believe it's against the law for an individual or
> non-commercial/non-business group to make an inaccessible website.
> then according to
constitute the provision of a service, or they are related to
education."

We provide an open site intended for the use of the general public, which according to our DDA advisors (and auditors) are covered (we also host some non-business sites). And really, it's no more wonky than some .us laws, and at least it has a good purpose.

Regardless of the uk law though there is no good reason to make anything inaccessible for the sake of a little effort - we've gotten complaints about that numerous times in the past wrt fonts & colors etc.

/D

pgsql-www by date