Re: 7.4.1 release status - Turkish Locale

From: "Nicolai Tufar" <ntufar(at)pisem(dot)net>
To: "'Tom Lane'" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "'Greg Stark'" <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 7.4.1 release status - Turkish Locale
Date: 2004-02-21 02:23:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thank you very much for your effort and attention!

I am not sure I am testing the right version. I am testing the
one with REL7_4_STABLE, the one with downcase_truncate_identifier()
function added.

Under locale-ignorant FreeBSD it works fine.
But under Fedora Core 1 initdb it crashes under all
locales I tested -C, en_US, tr_TR with message given below.

I remember seeing this message before, when I messed up with downcasting
Functions. See, it is downcasting "ISO" and gets "ıso" in return. Could
Someone confirm the results I got?

Regards,
Nicolai

fixing permissions on existing directory /pgdata... ok
creating directory /pgdata/base... ok
creating directory /pgdata/global... ok
creating directory /pgdata/pg_xlog... ok
creating directory /pgdata/pg_clog... ok
selecting default max_connections... 10
selecting default shared_buffers... 50
creating configuration files... ok
creating template1 database in /pgdata/base/1... FATAL: XX000: failed
to initialize DateStyle to "ISO, MDY"
LOCATION: InitializeGUCOptions, guc.c:1866

initdb: failed