connection to Access tables

From: "Jenni Jaeger" <jenni(at)heartwoodcustom(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: connection to Access tables
Date: 2000-06-26 22:13:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I am running PostgreSQL on a linux box (Red Hat). I have set everything up
to successfully communicate with MS-Access (which is on a Windows 98 machine
on my network). From Access I can import tables from PostgreSQL
successfully. I can also link to PostgreSQL tables and update them from
Access. What I really want to do though is repeatedly export existing
Access tables (which are constantly being updated by our software) to
PostgreSQL. When I try to do this the table name appears on the Linux box
but the table isn't really set up. Also, once the table name is there I
can't export again or I get the error that the table already exists. Should
I be able to do this? If not, what's the best way to keep the up-to-date
info from the Access tables current in PostgreSQL. Any ideas or tips would
be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jenni Jaeger