Re : Re: BUG #16441: Cannot multi-insert into generated column with DEFAULT value

From: Colin Darie <colin(at)darie(dot)eu>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re : Re: BUG #16441: Cannot multi-insert into generated column with DEFAULT value
Date: 2020-05-18 15:10:48
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Rails test framework insert fixtures records this way, and there is currently no way to tell Rails to ignore these columns for insertion (it should obviously). In my case, this breaks all my test suite. AFAIK this is the same for other frameworks or batch records tools.

Colin Darie

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.