AW: BUG #15641: Autoprewarm worker fails to start on Windows with huge pages in use Old PostgreSQL community/pgsql-bugs x

From: "Hans Buschmann" <buschmann(at)nidsa(dot)net>
To: "Mithun Cy" <mithun(dot)cy(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Mithun Cy" <mithun(dot)cy(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, "Robert Haas" <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: AW: BUG #15641: Autoprewarm worker fails to start on Windows with huge pages in use Old PostgreSQL community/pgsql-bugs x
Date: 2019-02-25 10:59:48
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers

Glad to hear you could reproduce the case easily.

I wanted to add that the problem as it seems now should'nt be restricted to Windows only.

Another thing is the semantic scope of pg_prewarm:

Prewarming affects the whole cluster, so at instance start we can meet some active and/or some dropped databases.

To not affect the other databases the prewarming should occur on all non dropped databases and omit only the dropped ones.

Hope your thinking gives a good patch... ;)

Hans Buschmann