Re: BUG #15753: FullText search cannot find bird, rat from birds, rats

From: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: ozan(dot)gerdaneri(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #15753: FullText search cannot find bird, rat from birds, rats
Date: 2019-04-14 17:29:00
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Sun, Apr 14, 2019 at 12:30 PM PG Bug reporting form <
noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:

> Bug reference: 15753
> Logged by: Ozan Gerdaneri
> Email address: ozan(dot)gerdaneri(at)gmail(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 11.2
> Operating system: win 10
>
> Hi,
> I have a column that contains words like cats, birds, rats .. When I make
> query with cat, it finds the column but query doe snot return any result
> with rat and bird? Do I need to make some configurations to enable this
> feature?

You might need to change your configuration, but since you haven't told us
what your configuration is, we don't know if you need to change it.

Meanwhile, the default configuration works for me.

create table foobar2 (x text);
insert into foobar2 values('cats, birds, rats');
select * from foobar2 where to_tsvector(x) @@ to_tsquery('bird');
cats, birds, rats

Cheers,

Jeff