Re: BUG #15992: Index size larger than the base table size. Sometime 3 times large

From: Euler Taveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com(dot)br>
Subject: Re: BUG #15992: Index size larger than the base table size. Sometime 3 times large
Date: 2019-09-05 12:31:38
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Em qui, 5 de set de 2019 às 08:18, PG Bug reporting form
<noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org> escreveu:

> In Production system ,Index size larger than the base table size. Sometime 3
> to 4 times larger.
> Please suggest what can i do to stop index size.
> whaen i run full vacuum , index size is decrease but again increase after a
> week.

This is not a bug. You don't provide enough information to show us
that behavior so I can't comment on it.Depending on your index method
(B-tree, hash, GiST, SP-GiST, GIN, and BRIN), index size can be bigger
and grows quickly.

> psql version 8.4, server version 11.0.

Why aren't you using psql 11? Also, 11.5 is out. You are missing
dozens of important bug fixes.

--
Euler Taveira Timbira -
http://www.timbira.com.br/