Re: BUG #15886: I cannot install postgres

From: Euler Taveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com(dot)br>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: BUG #15886: I cannot install postgres
Date: 2019-07-05 15:45:33
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Em sex, 5 de jul de 2019 às 10:33, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> escreveu:

> On Tue, Jul 2, 2019 at 5:04 PM PG Bug reporting form
> <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:
> > The following bug has been logged on the website:
> >
> > Bug reference: 15886
> > Logged by: arsoft cr
> > Email address: arsoftcr(at)gmail(dot)com
> > PostgreSQL version: 11.4
> > Operating system: windows 10
> >
> > The database cluster initialisation failed. How can i fix this?
>
> Based on that amount of information, I have no idea, and neither will
> anyone else. If you mention which installer you're using, where you
> got it, what steps you followed, and what happened, and especially if
> you also included the contents of the installer log file that got
> generated, somebody might be able to figure out what went wrong.

This message seems to be from EDB installer, no? This error message is
so popular that I suggest that additional information should be added
to help users figure out what's wrong with postgres installation.
Message doesn't say anything useful. Maybe 'check
%TEMP%/install-postgresql.log' would be helpful or even add a
troubleshooting URL.

--
Euler Taveira Timbira -
http://www.timbira.com.br/