Re: BUG #15590: crosstab_hash unable to work with modified types (CreateTupleDescCopy returning dropped attributes?)

From: Andrew Gierth <andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, guillaume-postgresql(at)outters(dot)eu
Subject: Re: BUG #15590: crosstab_hash unable to work with modified types (CreateTupleDescCopy returning dropped attributes?)
Date: 2019-01-11 17:24:27
Lists: pgsql-bugs

PG> Encapsulating crosstab_hash in a function (to define its return
PG> type) does not work when the (user-defined) return type owns
PG> 'dropped' attributes.

Yeah. The code to generate tuples doesn't make any attempt to handle
dropped columns in the result. This is nothing to do with
CreateTupleDescCopy.

I guess this has always been broken; there's no evidence that the code
ever made any attempt to handle it. I'll see about fixing it.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)