Re: BUG #15511: Drop table error "invalid argument"

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: ertugrul9090(at)gmail(dot)com, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #15511: Drop table error "invalid argument"
Date: 2018-12-06 19:47:10
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> On 2018-Nov-17, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I poked at that to the extent of testing every string in 11.1's tr.po
>> against our implementation of snprintf, and what I find is this:
>> msgid "column %s of %s"
>> msgstr "%2$s'nin %1$ sütunu"

> I fixed this string in tr.po. At least it'll be correct in 11.2.

Thanks! I'm also just about to push code changes for the easy parts
of what I recommended earlier (have psprintf report the bogus format
string, and make snprintf.c throw EINVAL for more error cases).

Is anybody interested in the idea of making our own validator for
the .po files? I might be willing to code it up, if I knew what
its API ought to be, but I don't know the workflow in that area.